I’m spoiled to live only hours away from the happiest place on Earth.
No, not tea heaven, unfortunately.
I mean Disney World! And Epcot is my favorite 🙂
During Epcot’s International Flower & Garden Festival, which is between March 1st and May 29th, the Twinings Tea Caddy in the UK section of the World Showcase is holding complimentary tea tours of their meticulously kept English Garden. Pretty much the closest thing to tea heaven I’ve experienced thus far!
Winding pathways take you through teacup displays of Twining’s teas, ranging from black teas, to flavored green teas and herbal teas. You may even catch a glimpse of Alice from Alice in Wonderland or my personal favorite, Mary Poppins!
I’m no authentic British tour guide, But I’ll do my best to take you through the Twinings herbal tea displays!
Side note: the first half of the tour is dedicated to the Camellia Sinensis plant, from which “true teas” are derived. I’ll be diving in to the Twinings herbal teas, or also called infusion or tisanes, which are anything but tea derived from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
Camomile, Honey & Vanilla
- Camomile is naturally caffeine-free and the base of this herbal blend
- Camomile flowers (Chamaemelum nobile) have a strong, aromatic fragrance and bloom in early to mid-summer
- Twinings selects just the yellow part of the flower to capture the purest taste of Camomile
- Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia) is the aromatic seed pod of a vining orchid that grows in the tropics
- Twinings uses the purest peppermint leaves sourced from over 100 countries
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a perennial which flowers from mid to late summer
- Caffeine free and enjoyed either hot of cold for a refreshing and uplifting experience
Lemon & Ginger
- Herbal tea made from lemons, lemongrass, blackberry leaves and Chinese ginger
- Lemons (Citrus limon) are widely grown in India and China for their juice
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogan citratus) and blackberry leaves (Rubus sp) contain no caffeine
- Chinese ginger (Zingiber officinale) has been used from over 2,500 years to create invigorating teas
- Sweet and juicy blend of berry fruit flavors that is naturally caffeine free
- Twinings Master blenders travel the globe in search of the finest ingredients
- Mouthwatering balance of strawberry (Frageria sp) and blueberry (Vaccinium sp) flavors in a Hibiscus (Hibiscus sp) base
Orange & Cinnamon Spice
- Made with Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), a native plant found only in southern Africa
- Rooibos leaves are fermented to enhance flavors and produce a distinctive reddish-brown color
- Blended with the refreshing flavor of orange peel (Citrus sinensis) and Vietnamese Cinnamon (Cinnamomum loureiroi) to produce a naturally caffeine-free herbal tea
Buttermint (The newest Twinings blend and my personal favorite!)
- New herbal blend of cool peppermint leaves (Mentha Piperita) and aromatic vanilla (Vanilla planifolia) creates creamy comfort
- flowers of the tropical vanilla orchid vine are often hand-pollinated and the pods are laboriously cured to create intense flavor
- Velvety-smooth Buttermint takes you back to sweet shops of olde
Bonus: Earl Grey with Lavender (a true tea made from Camellia sinensis but wanted to throw this one in for the Lavender!)
- A modern twist to a classic tea
- the luxurious flavor of English Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) along with natural Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) creates a rewarding tea that will calm your soul
- New, fresh floral aroma and soothing taste
Hopefully this has inspired you to “branch” out of the norm try out some new teas from the EPCOT’s Tea Tour!
Keep on steeping, tea lovers! And cheerio!